My two passions

Making art is part who I am. It has always been like that. Since I was 7 years old, I knew I wanted to do that, but people said again and again that I wouldn't make money out of it, and someone recommended me to study for a profession where I could live off and THEN focus on what I wanted. It took me a long time, but I managed to do it. It was a hard road with many turns. When I studied Dentistry also discovered my other passion: helping people. I feel I have a calling to improve people's lives and I don't regret one bit studying this as my profession. I do have a knack with working with my hands anyway!

Now that things are going well I can do art (when the time allows, of course!) and share it with other amazing sculptor at my workshop. I also decided to decorate my dental clinic with some of these figures because they mean a lot to me. They all have a story or a message I want to get through. Making art has a very relaxing effect on me. I can take a step back from using fine tools and simply "get my hands dirty", as one would say. 


In any case, I do want to keep working on dentistry for as long as I'm able. When I was studying, my family was going through a very rough time and I had to look out for myself, but at the end it was all worth it.  There's just something so special of watching a person smile again for the first time in years. It's almost like a euphoric feeling... I love to be the catalyst for this change in their lives. I hope I can reach people around the world to help them, because there’s really no need to keep on suffering.